Monday, May 19, 2008

The Story of the Orchestra

We are currently using The Story of the Orchestra in our CM music study as a way to introduce music to Andrew. It is a lovely book that includes a CD. It uses classical music and highlights composers as well as specific instruments. I am using it to scaffold what we are doing. We actually skipped initially to the romantic period. (I have no idea why. Buddy was just interested in those pages most.) I will be using this blog to post what we hear each week and also post links to favorite youtube pics of the same music. We have already briefly reviewed Wagner, Tchaikovsky and Brahams. I will try post on each one individually. If you have favorite ways to introduce music to your kids, please do so here.

I will also be using this blog to post what we are doing for art as well.

No comments: