Monday, May 19, 2008

Brahms

Today we listened to Brahm's Hungarian Dance. Here is an awesome clip of the violin playing this.



And here is a clip of it being performed (with some mistakes..i think) on the piano as a duet.


Andrew preferred the piano. When I asked him why he said, because we have one. So..... I dug out my 3/4 size violin that I played in sixth grade for a semester until they cut orchestra because of funds. Andrew's first request; "Play the Veggie Tales Theme Song!" Well the strings were not even able to be set correctly....and I couldn't have remembered a single thing anyway. But we may try and tune it up and see what happens.

So that brings me up to date on our music study. We are also using another interesting book that pairs famous paintings with great classical music. Another post....tbc....

No comments: